Jimi Hendrix
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Jimi Hendrix

Le forum francophone

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
Voir le deal
399 €

Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967

+2
brume_pourpre
Electric Thing
6 participants
AuteurMessage
Electric Thing

Electric Thing

Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Empty
MessageSujet: Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967   Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Icon_minitimeLun 12 Juil 2010 - 20:43

Deux show auraient eu lieu ce 31 mars !

Je n'ai trouvé que la setlist (sans doute incomplète) du second show :
- Foxy Lady
- Can You See Me
- Hey Joe
- Purple Haze
- Fire
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Electric Thing

Electric Thing

MessageSujet: Re: Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967   Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Icon_minitimeLun 12 Juil 2010 - 20:44

Citation :
fonkyfreak a dit : Le beau gosse à droite, Engelbert Humperdinck, était un énorme concurrent de Tom Jones à cette époque (mais juste pour le côté crooner-tombeur).

Cat Stevens a un flingue !!
Citation :
purple jim a dit :  Son tube à l'époque était "I'm Gonna Get Me A Gun". Il le chantait en brandissant le Colt. Voici un clip (sans le Colt):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBuUtvFObQE
brume_pourpre

brume_pourpre

MessageSujet: Re: Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967   Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Icon_minitimeLun 29 Nov 2010 - 22:20

Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 944252Astoria1967jpg
Purple Jim

Purple Jim

MessageSujet: Re: Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967   Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Icon_minitimeSam 22 Jan 2011 - 8:21

NEW MUSICAL EXPRESS - ‘Walker Surprises’ by Keith Altham:
“WE WERE WELL and truly blitzed with “mini-happenings” on the Walker Brothers’ tour opening night, at Finsbury Park Astoria last Friday, when Jimi Hendrix literally set the scene alight after his guitar exploded in a sheet of flames at the end of his act….
“The Jimi Hendrix Experience are a musical labyrinth-you either find way into the solid wall of incredible sound, or you sit back and gasp at Hendrix’ guitar antics and showman-ship, wondering what it’s all about.
The sounds are something new-you either dig it or you do not. “Foxey [sic] Lady,” “Can You See Me” and Jimi’s two hits, “Hey Joe” and “Purple Haze,” were the entire Hendrix programme.
Finale to Hendrix’ act came about when his guitar burst into flames, by “accident” we are assured, and precipitated the entrance of a security officer who sprayed detergent from a canister all over compere Nick Jones.”

MELODY MAKER - ‘Hendrix: ‘clean act’ by Chis Welch
“Guitar star Jimi Hendrix who jumped into the MM Pop 30 this week at 15 with “Purple Haze” was warned to “clean up” his act on his tour with the Walker Brothers this week.
The tour opened at Finsbury Park Astoria, London, last Friday and his manager Chas Chandler told the MM on Monday: “After Jimi’s performances on Saturday and Sunday night I was told he had got to change his act. The tour organisers said he was too suggestive. I think this is a joke myself and there’s not a chance of his changing his set.”
BURNED HAND
Said Jimi: “All I want to do is play my guitar and sing. I’m bemused, I play the way I play and I can’t understand the situation at all.”
At the opening night Jimi sustained a burned hand when his guitar accidentally burst into flames at the climax of his act.
Writes MM’s Chris Welch who was reviewing the show: “Hendrix was lying on stage playing the guitar with his teeth when it suddenly burst into flames.
“Jimi leapt backwards and ran off stage followed by his group. The guitar was left burning dangerously near the closed curtains, and compere Nick Jones ran and tried to pick it up, burning his hand in the attempt. An attendant rushed on stage with a fire extinguisher and put out the flames which were leaping ten feet in the air”
http://hendrix.guide.pagesperso-orange.fr/hendrix.htm
Purple Jim

Purple Jim

MessageSujet: Re: Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967   Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Icon_minitimeDim 23 Jan 2011 - 14:36

HIT PARADER - Chas Chandler interview :
“The first night we knew we had to pull something sensational to get a good press reaction and so the guitar that burst into flames was contrived. Of course, we all maintained it was an accident and Jimi even wore a bandage the second house to make it look good. In fact we soaked it in petrol and deliberately set light to it - the organizers were running around in circles trying to find the culprit and examine the guitar which had mysteriously disappeared. I distinctly remember Tito Bums waving a fist at me and shouting, ‘You can’t get away with things like this, Chas - if we find that guitar I’ll have you prosecuted.’ Underneath his overcoat I could make out the charred end of an electric guitar”
http://hendrix.guide.pagesperso-orange.fr/hendrix.htm
Ayler
Admin
Ayler

MessageSujet: Re: Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967   Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Icon_minitimeVen 1 Avr 2011 - 12:07

Ayler
Admin
Ayler

MessageSujet: Re: Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967   Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Icon_minitimeJeu 9 Juin 2011 - 12:22

Tontonjimi

Tontonjimi

MessageSujet: Re: Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967   Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Icon_minitimeJeu 5 Mar 2015 - 16:20

Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Copyri10
Ayler
Admin
Ayler

MessageSujet: Re: Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967   Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Icon_minitimeSam 12 Mar 2022 - 9:38

Une vidéo sympa sur le package tour du Jimi Hendrix Experience avec Engelbert Humperdinck, Cat Stevens & The Walker Brothers :

freddy.lombard

freddy.lombard

MessageSujet: Re: Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967   Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Icon_minitimeDim 13 Mar 2022 - 11:43

Très intéressant.

J'aime bien la qualification de « surreal package tour » pour la tournée avec les Monkees. Laughing

Quant à tourner avec Engelbert Humperdick, il faut bien avouer... What a Face

Cela dit, je ne suis pas certain qu'à l'époque on opposait autant les styles en « chapelles » et un amateur du folk-rock de Cat Stevens pouvait aussi apprécier le déchaînement des guitares de Jimi Hendrix. Il n'y a qu'à regarder l'affiche de Woodstock pour se rendre compte de la diversité de la programmation.

Pour ce qui est des Walker Brothers, on comprend l'inquiétude de Jimi par rapport à un public impatient de voir son idole et peu soucieux des premières parties. Dans mon souvenir, il me semble pourtant que l'on a commencé à siffler les premières parties plutôt à partir de la fin des années 70, surtout quand la programmation nous refilait des groupes amateurs indigents et/ou appartenant à la même maison de disques que la vedette. Je me souviens aussi que le public folk était plutôt sympa et ouvert, même si les rockers purs et durs les faisait un peu marrer.

La réaction de la fan qui chronique le concert est assez compréhensible pour l'époque : « Did he really have to cremate it [the guitar] at the end ? »

J'aime bien la réaction franche et probablement pas agressive de Jimi à l'écoute du duo Frank et Nancy SInatra : « You just know what notes are coming next ». clown

Encore une question d'époque : on constate qu'il y a une bienveillance entre les artistes comme en témoignent les déclarations de Cat Stevens et Engelbert Humperdick sur Jimi et celle de Jimi sur les autres musiciens, et qu'au final, malgré tous les incidents, Jimi ne se déclare pas si déçu ou malheureux que ça de cette tournée.

Merci pour ce lien : cette petite vidéo offre bien plus que ne le promet son titre accrocheur.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967   Londres (Astoria, Finbury Park) : 31 mars 1967 Icon_minitime

Page 1 sur 1