Jimi Hendrix
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Jimi Hendrix

Le forum francophone

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 ...
Voir le deal
279.99 €

Hermon Hitson/Johnny Brantley

AuteurMessage
jimitree

Hermon Hitson/Johnny Brantley Empty
MessageSujet: Hermon Hitson/Johnny Brantley   Hermon Hitson/Johnny Brantley Icon_minitimeDim 20 Juil 2014 - 15:47

Peut être un élément de réponse sur le pourquoi du comment ces albums sans Jimi et crédités à "Hitson" sont devenus du "Jimi" dans ce descriptif youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUCn9HRU3Fk

Gorgeous and rare instrumental track called "Suspicious", credited to Jimi Hendrix in the 1960's, prior to his later fame.

"Suspicious" is Track #4, on Side 2 of the 1973 LP record, simply titled "Jimi" from Pickwick International, Inc. of Woodbury, NY 11797. It was printed in the USA according to the text on the LP back cover. The tracks on this "Jimi" LP are as follows:

Side A

1) Feel That Soul
2) So Called Friend
3) Go Go Shoes (Part 1)
4) All Alone
5) Voice In The Wind

Side B

1) From This Day On
2) Good Times
3) Good Feeling
4) Suspicious (Instrumental)

I've never heard this "Suspicious" track anywhere else except on this unauthorized 1973 bootleg album from Pickwick Records (the cover of this LP is pictured in the video.) I have heard that some Hendrix LPs call this same track "Hot Trigger." The song appears to have had two different names depending on which record it appears on.

Rumor has it that some of the tracks on this "Jimi" LP are not actually from Jimi Hendrix at all, so I looked into that and did some research. From what I have learned thus far, it appears that these rumors may be true - Hendrix was credited after his death for a number of recordings on which he never appeared. This track may be one of them.

Give "Suspicious" a listen, hopefully you can dig it as much as I do no matter who is playing. It's a great song either way. It's got a great 1960's psychedelic groove to it. The rhthym section has a very free almost jazz-like improvisational thing happening, it's good stuff.

Cheers.

***Update*** After much research, I tracked down a guitarist named Hermon Hitson. Hitson told me that this instrumental track called "Suspicious" on the Pickwick LP, is actually Hitson's own song, and the proper name for it is "Hot Trigger."

"Hot Trigger" is among several of Hitson's own songs that he recorded in the 1960's for an album called "Free Spirit." The album was made for New York producer Johnny Brantley, for whom Hitson had often done session work in the past.

Evidently, once Hitson's "Free Spirit" album had been recorded, Brantley shelved the project and it was never released (for unknown reasons.) However, Brantley kept the master tapes from the "Free Spirit" recording sessions and, after Jimi Hendrix died, he eventually released them as Hendrix recordings.

According to Hitson, Hendrix does not appear on this instrumental track called "Suspicious/Hot Trigger." Despite this fact, the track has ended up on several Hendrix records over the years, including the LP "Jimi" from Pickwick International Records (on which it is incorrectly titled "Suspicious".)

Hermon Hitson said the "Free Spirit" sessions included the following players: Hermon Hitson on Guitars, Lee Moses on Keys, Alonzo "Yogie" Taylor on Bass, and Eddie Maxey on drums. He also mentioned another drummer nicknamed "Trigger" who played on the Hot Trigger track.

For a rare 1960's photo of Hermon Hitson, taken during this time in NYC in the early 1960's - check out this link:

http://home.att.net/~1.elliott/Hermon...

As more information comes forward about these tracks and how they ended up becoming Hendrix tracks, it will be shared here."

Donc ce serait une autre histoire de producteur peu scrupuleux utilisant les bandes non sorties d'un de ses musiciens!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Hermon Hitson/Johnny Brantley
Page 1 sur 1