Jimi Hendrix
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Jimi Hendrix

Le forum francophone

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Xiaomi Mi Smart Camera 2K Standard Edition (design ...
Voir le deal
11.39 €

Foley

AuteurMessage
Titi

Titi

Foley Empty
MessageSujet: Foley   Foley Icon_minitimeMer 21 Juil 2010 - 23:53

Foley

21 May 1998 :

"Business cats hear my album and think I'm crazy. But if they think I'm sane, then I'm part of the problem. I mean what's sane to them is definitely not sane to me. I have to sleep at night. Look at myself in the mirror. Maybe only one person will hear it and say, 'Oh, if they let him do that. Hey. I'm going to do that too.' Then I'm a success.

"The word 'genius' is thrown around too much. A genius is just somebody who has the will and the nerve to stretch himself more than the next guy. All children are geniuses untl they are separated during the educational process. They thought Einstein was nuts, dyslexic, stupid. But he knew better: 'I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing....O.K. now I'm a genius. I was dumb before.'

"They call Jimi Hendrix a genius. But all that happened was that Mitch Mitchell wanted to sound like Elvin Jones and Jimi said: 'O.K. you do your thing and I'll do mine.' And you got 'Third Stone From the Sun,' which for the most part started fusion.

"Then Miles hears it and goes 'Bam! Poof! That's the new thing. O.K. roll the tape.' So Miles gets credit for being a genius. But these were just people opening up their heads.

"I consider John [Lennon] and Paul [McCartney] just as much my forefathers as Jimi. Hell, yeah. And Carl Stallings, who wrote the music for those Warner Brothers cartoons. These people stretched their minds. Look man, sound is special. It was here before anything. It's pure. Vibrations can sooth you or stir you up.

"You shouldn't mess around with sound. That's why actors can't cross over into music. Dudley Moore is no slouch as a piano player. But he's played a silly drunk in those dumb movies and now when he plays piano he can't help but act. You can't act with music.""

Le reste ici:

http://www.culturekiosque.com/jazz/miles/rhemiles8.htm

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Titi

Titi

Foley Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Foley   Foley Icon_minitimeMer 21 Juil 2010 - 23:54

Foley Miles-foley-munich-1988
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Foley
Page 1 sur 1