Jimi Hendrix
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Jimi Hendrix

Le forum francophone

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Electric Thing

Electric Thing

Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967 Empty
MessageSujet: Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967   Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967 Icon_minitimeJeu 15 Juil 2010 - 0:18

Titres :  

1. Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
2. Hey Joe
3. Burning of the Midnight Lamp
4. Foxy Lady
5. Purple Haze
6. Wild Thing

Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967 Glasgow2

Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967 Glasgow3

Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967 Glasgow4

Tina ferraro aime ce message

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Purple Jim

Purple Jim

MessageSujet: Re: Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967   Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967 Icon_minitimeSam 22 Jan 2011 - 13:35

THE GLASGOW HERALD :
"As for the pop scene In Scotland, it is very interesting to note that not all "package tours" ignore all venues north of Carlisle. Last Tuesday evening [5 December] the Jimi Hendrix Experience, the Move, the Pink Floyd, Amen Corner, the Nice, and Eire Apparent lined-up at the Green's Playhouse, Glasgow, in what promised to be the wildest one-night stand ever seen In Scotland. The result? Disappointing... Perhaps Hendrix stole the show, perhaps the others had an off night; perhaps... The Move I don't like. The Pink Floyd are still part of the psychedelic set and as such their appeal is limited. Amen Comer are not for me. Excluding Hendrix the best value for my money came from the two lesser-known groups, the Nice and Eire Apparent.
http://hendrix.guide.pagesperso-orange.fr/hendrix.htm
Purple Jim

Purple Jim

MessageSujet: Re: Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967   Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967 Icon_minitimeSam 22 Jan 2011 - 13:37

MELODY MAKER - Interview[5 December Green’s Playhouse, Glasgow review] ‘It’s Just Too Much’ interview by Nick Jones
“I hope everybody can dig it in stereo because that’s what it’s all about. We’ve tried to get most of the freaky tracks right into another dimension so you get that sky effect coming down out of the heavens,you know? [If Six Was Nine] “This is one of the numbers we made about nine months ago [9 May Olympic]. Gary Leeds and Graham Nash did some foot stomping and that’s me on flute.” rest of text?]
(Page?) ‘With Jimi the Music Is 3-D’ by Nick Jones: The Rolling Stones have successfully produced a 3D album cover, but JimiHendrix will zap you giddy with his three-dimensional music. Zap, zap, zap. Jimi Hendrix, Noel Redding, Mitch Mitchell. Zap, zap, zap. Zap me three times baby.
And zap father Christmas too with this beautiful new album from The Jimi Hendrix Experience.
It’s too much. Amaze your ears, boggle your mind, flip your lid, do what you want, but please get into Hendrix like you never have before.
“It’s made with stereo in mind,” said Jimi this week. “We’ve tried to get most of the freaky tracks right into another dimension, so you get that sky effect – like they’re coming down out of the heavens, you know.”
And, wow, it’s all succeeded. ‘EXP’ kicks the album off, panning right across the wide stereo picture like a soaring, diving UFO – which is what the track’s about. This striking, frightening piece of cosmic composing is followed by ‘Up From The Skies’, a soft, gliding, jazzy piece of velvet.
Says Jimi: “It’s the story of a guy who’s been on Earth before, but on a different turn of the axis -- and now he’s come back to find this scene happening.”
‘SpanishCastle magic’ is the old roaring Hendrix, making it sound like the world was going to end tomorrow. Mitch flies right across the beat, Jimi hammers out piano off-beats and the Hendrix trail burns like dynamite.
Mitch and Noel can be heard singing on ‘Wait Until Tomorrow’ and Jimi says you can probably get the story of that one.
‘Ain’t No Telling’ is a pretty straightforward groover, followed by ‘Little Wing’, one of the most beautiful tracks on the album: “I dig writing slow songs because I find it’s easier to get more blues and feeling into them.”
Side One ends with ‘If Six Was Nine’. “This means that it really doesn’t matter if anything is upside down, as long as it doesn’t bother you, and you can cope with it. Gary Leeds and Graham Nash did some foot stomping and that’s me on the flute.
Side Two is even more explosive – if only because of the mind-blowing title track, ‘Bold As Love’. Before that, however, ‘You Got Me Floating’ has guitar spinning backwards, music boxes tinkling, and generally a lot of very honest soul sounds.
‘She’s So Fine’ sees the emergence of Noel as a songwriter, while on ‘One Rainy Wish’, Jimi gives his guitar a muffled, sometimes flute-like sound as the notes clash with the octave.
‘Little Miss Lover’ leads beautifully into ‘Bold As Love’, which is the culmination of all Jimi’s blues, all his soul, all his shouting, all his crying, all his grooving, all his everything.
Purple Jim

Purple Jim

MessageSujet: Re: Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967   Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967 Icon_minitimeMer 4 Avr 2012 - 17:48

"The gig was an absolute shambles, with Jimi having the curtains closed on him halfway through his set, because he was supposedly doing rude things with his guitar. Then green-clothed, short haircut, cap-and-gloved staff tried to pull him off the stage".
Gary Brooker
Tontonjimi

Tontonjimi

MessageSujet: Re: Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967   Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967 Icon_minitimeMar 6 Déc 2022 - 16:52

Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967 Jimi_g17
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967   Glasgow (Green's Playhouse) : 5 décembre 1967 Icon_minitime

Page 1 sur 1