Jimi Hendrix
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Jimi Hendrix

Le forum francophone

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -50%
Samsung 50Q60D – TV QLED 50″ (127 cm) 4K ...
Voir le deal
399 €

Dave Mason

5 participants
AuteurMessage
Titi

Titi

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeLun 12 Juil 2010 - 19:08

Dave Mason :

As for recording "All Along the Watchtower" with Jimi Hendrix, Mason explained that he and the guitar great were friends in the late 1960s. One night, they stopped at an apartment party where an advance copy of Bob Dylan's "John Wesley Harding" (the album that features "Watchtower") was playing.

Soon after, Hendrix went into a London studio and recorded his version, with Mason, who played guitar on it. Mason also sang vocals on "Crosstown Traffic."

Both songs appeared on Hendrix's 1968 album "Electric Ladyland."

"At the time, Jimi and I were just hanging out. There was a rift between him and Noel Redding, and we talked about me taking (Noel's) place. But it never came about."

Hendrix, Mason said, was the real deal.

"He was amazing. I used to see him playing in these little clubs. He'd sit in with someone and blow everyone's mind. The musicians would be sitting there going, You know, I think I better find another instrument.'"

Source: http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/oct/16/g22vmasonside16ev/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Titi

Titi

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeLun 12 Juil 2010 - 19:09

Hamptons.com: You've played with some of the greatest musical talents of the 20th century like Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Mama Cass, Michael Jackson, etc. What were some particularly memorable moments that I wouldn't have read in the bio?

Dave Mason: Gosh I don't know. Obviously recording with Hendrix and doing "All Along the Watchtower." I sang on "Crosstown Traffic" and we cut about two or three other tracks as well but I have no idea where they are. But you can't pick any one, they were all great at what they did for different reasons. You can't really single any one person out of there. It's like asking me what my favorite song is, I like them all. It's a little hard to pick any one thing out because they were all great.

Source : http://www.hamptons.com/the-arts/live-music-view/8886/dave-mason-discusses-career-and-new-album.html
Purple Jim

Purple Jim

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Jan 2011 - 18:28

Dave Mason: "Jimi and I talked about joining the group. When I left Traffic I was gonna join the group on bass, but that got kind of squashed by Chas Chandler and Michael Jeffery... Pfff, I wouldn't have bought a used car [from Jeffery], I can tell you that! I was gonna join the band and all of a sudden it was just all fucking different..." (Interview conducted by Tony Brown for Jimi Hendrix: Electric Gypsy Chicago, 31 May 1989).

NOTE: Jimi was appointed godfather to Dave Mason's son True from his first marriage to Lorraine. Not a lot of people know that! Lorraine: "True was born on 11 June 1970. Jimi saw True before Dave [did] as he was living with another women... I called Dave and said, 'You have a son.' He said, 'Thanks for calling' and hung up! When True was 13 days old, I took him to see his godfather" (Letter to Caesar Glebbeek, 15 March 2002).

Source : Univibes
http://hendrix.guide.pagesperso-orange.fr/hendrix.htm
Electric Thing

Electric Thing

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Jan 2011 - 18:40

Purple, tu peux traduire cette partie là, STP ?

"but that got kind of squashed by Chas Chandler and Michael Jeffery... Pfff, I wouldn't have bought a used car [from Jeffery], I can tell you that! I was gonna join the band and all of a sudden it was just all fucking different..."

Je ne comprends pas trop ce que vient faire la voiture... Sais pas
Je comprends juste un truc comme quoi Chas Chandler et Michael Jeffery sont devenus insupportables avec Mason dès lors que l'idée qu'il incorpore le groupe comme bassiste était à l'ordre du jour (histoire qu'il jette l'éponge dégouté par l'ambiance...). C'est bien ça ?
Purple Jim

Purple Jim

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Jan 2011 - 19:28

"..mais tout ça a été anéantie par Chandler et Jeffrey... Pfff, Je n'aurais même pas acheté une voiture d'occasion à Jeffrey, je peux te l'affirmer ! J'allais faire partie du groupe puis tout d'un coup, putain, tout à changé..."

Dernière édition par Purple Jim le Jeu 27 Jan 2011 - 20:11, édité 1 fois
Electric Thing

Electric Thing

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Jan 2011 - 19:42

C'est bien comme ça que j'avais compris... Mais je ne pige pas trop le sens du" symbolisme de la voiture"... Suspect

Merci Purple.
Tontonjimi

Tontonjimi

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Jan 2011 - 20:01

je pense qu'il a voulut dire qu'il ne pouvait pas pifrer Mike Jeffrey au point de ne pas lui ouvrir une voiture d'occase What a Face
Purple Jim

Purple Jim

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Jan 2011 - 20:12

C'était juste pour dire qu'on ne pourrais pas faire confiance à Jeffrey.
Electric Thing

Electric Thing

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Jan 2011 - 20:18

Purple Jim a écrit:
C'était juste pour dire qu'on ne pourrais pas faire confiance à Jeffrey.
Ah ben oui c'est limpide en fait ! Laughing
Tontonjimi

Tontonjimi

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Jan 2011 - 20:25

ou tout simplement que pour lui Jeffrey ne vaux même pas une voiture d'occase Laughing
Titi

Titi

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeVen 15 Oct 2021 - 15:37

Vidéo un peu courte qui revient sur l'enregistrement d'"All Along The Whatchtower" :

Tina ferraro aime ce message

robertoblake

robertoblake

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitimeSam 16 Oct 2021 - 2:31

Thank you Titi.
Contenu sponsorisé

Dave Mason  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dave Mason    Dave Mason  Icon_minitime