Jimi Hendrix
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Jimi Hendrix

Le forum francophone

AccueilRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Demon Slayer – Coffret (T19 + Roman N°02) en ...
Voir le deal
15.99 €

Ginger Baker

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Titi

Titi

Ginger Baker  Empty
MessageSujet: Ginger Baker    Ginger Baker  Icon_minitimeLun 12 Juil 2010 - 17:57

Ginger Baker :

"Hendrix could play okay. But he started doing all this showman shit when he sat in with us. If I had to choose a guitarist from history, I'd pick Eric over Jimi every time. Jimi was good but he was too interested in that... stuff. His big thing was pulling chicks, which he was very good at."

Source : The Independent
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Ayler
Admin
Ayler

Ginger Baker  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Ginger Baker    Ginger Baker  Icon_minitimeSam 12 Oct 2019 - 16:57

Un témoignage de Ginger Baker intéressant (il y évoque un projet de groupe avorté par le décès de Jimi) :

At the publisher’s request, Ginger devotes a short chapter of Hellraiser to Jimi Hendrix. He softens slightly at the mention of his name.

“A great player,” Ginger says. “Better jamming than he was in front of an audience. I wasn’t impressed when [Hendrix’s manager] Chas Chandler asked if Jimi could sit in with Cream. I didn’t know who he was then, just some geezer, and he starts going down on his knees, playing guitar with his teeth. I wasn’t impressed at all.”

Still, on October 1,1966 at the Central London Polytechnic, Hendrix joined Cream on stage for an incendiary version of Howlin’ Wolf’s Killing Floor, complete with behind-the-head picking and flamboyant splits – most of his moves copped from Eric’s hero, blues legend Buddy Guy.

“Eric liked Jimi, and I got to know him as a person and we became very good friends,” Ginger says. “We were going to get some music together in 1970 after Blind Faith ended, but he ended up picking the wrong chick, Monika [Dannemann]. She was responsible for his death. He’s in bed with a chick and he’s sick and she runs out, leaving him in his sick? Disgraceful. When they picked him up he was cold.”

Ginger wails. “He’d been dead for four hours. And that night we’d searched everywhere for him. We were going to invite him round, cos we had a big bottle of cocaine. If he’d done some coke,” Ginger laughs darkly, “he’d be alive, he’d never have gone to sleep."

“I had good times with Jimi. He used to come to my house in Harrow for dinner. His thing was pulling chicks when he was on stage. We shared a few.”

So many rockers have played the ‘I could have saved Jimi Hendrix’ card. Why was Ginger’s hand any different?

“I told you!” he shouts. “We was gonna play moosic together! I don’t know what we’d have done. It was early days. Stupid question. Bloody hell. I was very keen on it and it would have happened. Unfortunately it didn’t."

Source : https://www.loudersound.com/features/ginger-baker-interview-an-afternoon-with-the-worlds-most-irascible-drummer
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Ginger Baker
Page 1 sur 1