Jimi Hendrix
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Jimi Hendrix

Le forum francophone

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Google Pixel 7 5G – Smartphone 6,3″ OLED FHD+ 8 Go + 128 Go
316 €
Voir le deal

Carmine Appice

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Titi

Titi

Carmine Appice  Empty
MessageSujet: Carmine Appice    Carmine Appice  Icon_minitimeLun 12 Juil 2010 - 17:55

Carmine Appice :

"I would consider working with Jeff again. Jeff is definitely my favorite. He's the original. Not only because he's the original, but because he's so creative and different from all the other guys of that time. I used to know Jimi Hendrix really well and Jimi said his favorite guitarist was Jeff. It wasn't Eric, it wasn't Jimmy Page, it was Beck. At the end of one of Jimi's songs he did "Rice Pudding." He used to call Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin, "Excess baggage." I'd say, "What do you mean, 'excess baggage'?" He'd say, "Oh, they ripped off from all of us, put it on their albums, now they're selling platinum, it's a rip off."
That was right from Jimi's mouth to my ears. I went, "Holy crap."(Laughs) Then Led Zeppelin went on to be the biggest band in the world. But, for me, Jeff was always the most innovative and wildest of the guitarists. Page, Clapton, Beck..."

Carmine Appice y affirme que le guitariste préféré de Hendrix était Beck, et que Jimi n'avait que peu d'estime pour Led Zeppelin : des usurpateurs selon lui
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
upfromtheskies

upfromtheskies

Carmine Appice  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Carmine Appice    Carmine Appice  Icon_minitimeLun 28 Mai 2012 - 11:34

Sais-tu quelle est la date de l'interview?
https://www.youtube.com/user/gilouseb
Titi

Titi

Carmine Appice  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Carmine Appice    Carmine Appice  Icon_minitimeLun 28 Mai 2012 - 13:38

Non, je n'ai pas la source de l'interview et je t'avoue que je ne sais pas si c'est moi qui l'avait posté sur l'ancien forum. Si quelqu'un s'en souvient...
upfromtheskies

upfromtheskies

Carmine Appice  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Carmine Appice    Carmine Appice  Icon_minitimeLun 28 Mai 2012 - 13:47

OK, merci!
https://www.youtube.com/user/gilouseb
Ayler
Admin
Ayler

Carmine Appice  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Carmine Appice    Carmine Appice  Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Oct 2016 - 11:56

I knew him before he was Jimi Hendrix, when he was Jimmy James. We actually played some clubs in New York together opposite each other. And then later on we sort of found each other in London at the Speakeasy. He said to me: “I really dig Vanilla Fudge, so if you’re in that, wow!” And I said: “Yeah, I recognised you as being Jimi Hendrix because of the fact that you’re the only one I know that plays with your teeth!” When he was Jimmy James he had a whole different look.

We played together at this club. I was playing with this guy Ron Leejack, who was the only guy at the time playing like Hendrix. A couple of times Jimi and I had 15 minutes off, we’d go up and smoke a joint with black prostitutes on Broadway and 77th Street, which was a bad area at the time. And we’d talk about making it.

Source : http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-10-25/interview-carmine-appice-on-hendrix-zeppelin-pink-floyd-and-bo-diddley
Contenu sponsorisé

Carmine Appice  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Carmine Appice    Carmine Appice  Icon_minitime

Carmine Appice
Page 1 sur 1