Jimi Hendrix
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Jimi Hendrix

Le forum francophone

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

Jack Bruce

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Ayler
Admin
Ayler

Jack Bruce  Empty
MessageSujet: Jack Bruce    Jack Bruce  Icon_minitimeMer 5 Oct 2022 - 10:36

Un entretien de Jack Bruce qui remonte à 2003.

You also played with Jimi Hendrix very early on in his career.

“I was the first guy to bring Jimi on stage. We’d heard of him through a friend who had claimed to have seen him play in New York. Cream was playing at – I think – St. Martin’s School Of Art, and I was having a pre-gig pint. This guy came up and said, ‘Hi, I’m Jimi Hendrix, can I sit in with your band?’ And I said, ‘Well, I dunno, let’s go and find out.’

“So we went across the road and Eric was very keen for him to play and Ginger, of course, was completely against it. But he did play, and he blew us all away, playing with his teeth and all that. Eric was stunned. There’s a demo that we did the next day, and you can tell in Eric’s playing that he’s trying to emulate some of that stuff.”

You talked with Hendrix about forming a band together. How close did this come to reality?

“That was actually going to happen. Jimi was all for having a play. At that point he was trying to find a new direction, musically, and that could easily have been it. I was all for it because I think one of the problems Jimi had was that he didn’t play with people who kicked him up the arse, basically.

“I’m not knocking Mitch Mitchell, but to me he was like a British jazz player, he was kind of laid-back. He played a lot of rhythms but I don’t think it pushed Jimi in the way that we would have.”

At their peak, which was the better trio – Cream or the Jimi Hendrix Experience?

“Certainly I would say that Cream were a more interesting band, although obviously we didn’t have Jimi. But I would say that Eric was a better guitar player. Obviously Jimi was Jimi, and he could have played the Indian nose flute and it wouldn’t have mattered, because he was playing himself – I think he regarded the guitar as an extension of himself. But in an instrumental sense, I would argue that Eric was at least as good as Jimi, probably better. I think Cream had something quite magical as a band when we were playing live.”

Source : https://www.guitarworld.com/features/jack-bruce-classic-interview
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Electric Thing

Electric Thing

Jack Bruce  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Jack Bruce    Jack Bruce  Icon_minitimeVen 7 Oct 2022 - 22:11

Wahou il est... incroyable cet entretien 😮
thefrenchowl

thefrenchowl

Jack Bruce  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Jack Bruce    Jack Bruce  Icon_minitimeDim 9 Oct 2022 - 16:25

Bonjour a tous...

Ca fait du bien de temps a autre d'ecouter ou de lire des opinions contraires a la majorite ou a contre-poil... Ce que l'internet ne supporte pas...

Jack et Ginger ont baigne dans le jazz bien avant le rock'n roll.

De plus, Jack a prouve dans de multiples scenarios qu'il adorait l'experimentation, mais bien moins l'anarchie...

Malgre tout mon amour pour Mitch qui a en quelque sorte debloque Jimi de son passe R&B, je ne vois guere que Chas qui ai reussi pour un temps a guider Jimi...

Et une fois Chas ecarte, ca a ete pour la plupard du temps le narcissisme sur-aigue d'un autocentriste et en resultat, du n'importe quoi a la trop grand echelle!!!

Et, encore plus navrant, les rescapes de cette hecatombe sont aujourd'hui deifies pour leur influence navrante sur l'un des plus grand artistes du 20eme siecle...

Sand honte, Patrick
Ayler
Admin
Ayler

Jack Bruce  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Jack Bruce    Jack Bruce  Icon_minitimeLun 10 Oct 2022 - 11:05

Dans l'extrait d'entretien qui suit de Jack Bruce, on apprend que Jimi a assisté à l'une des sessions aux studios Atlantic où Cream a enregistré "White Room".

I first met Hendrix when we [Cream] did a gig at the Regents Polytechnic. Coincidentally, the guys that became Pink Floyd were in the audience, and apparently seeing that event made them become Pink Floyd. When I saw them recently, they told me that. I knew they were there, but I didn’t know that we were responsible for them getting together.

Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing I leave that for you to decide. I always thought that Pink Floyd were a band for people who don’t like music or rock’n’roll. So anyway, back to Hendrix.

We were playing Regents Polytechnic. I was just having a pre-gig pint in a pub across the road and in comes this guy who turns out to be Jimi Hendrix. Now, we had already heard about Jimi on the grapevine. Jimi came up to me and said: “Hi. I would like to sit in with the band.” I said it was fine with me but he’d obviously have to check it out with Eric and Ginger.

So we went across to the gig, and Eric immediately said yes and Ginger said: “Oh, dunno about that” [laughs]. So he came on and plugged into my bass amp, and as far as I can remember he just blew us all away. Hendrix had a positive effect on everybody, especially guitar players.

He came to the sessions when we [Cream] did White Room in New York and was very encouraging about the song. He came up to me and said: “Wow, I wish I could write something like that.” I said: “Jimi, what you’ve got to realise is that I probably nicked it off you.”

Source : https://www.loudersound.com/features/jack-bruce-ever-meet-hendrix

robertoblake et Tina ferraro aiment ce message

thefrenchowl

thefrenchowl

Jack Bruce  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Jack Bruce    Jack Bruce  Icon_minitimeLun 10 Oct 2022 - 11:33

+ 1 sur son analyse de Pink Floyd!!!!!!!!!!!
Contenu sponsorisé

Jack Bruce  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Jack Bruce    Jack Bruce  Icon_minitime

Jack Bruce
Page 1 sur 1