Jimi Hendrix
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Jimi Hendrix

Le forum francophone

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache Runner
Voir le deal
69.99 €

David Harrington [Kronos Quartet]

AuteurMessage
Titi

Titi

David Harrington [Kronos Quartet]  Empty
MessageSujet: David Harrington [Kronos Quartet]    David Harrington [Kronos Quartet]  Icon_minitimeLun 12 Juil 2010 - 18:49

David Harrington [Kronos Quartet] :

David Harrington : “What if we need to do an encore? What can we possibly play after ‘The Rite Of Spring’?” The only thing that came to mind was Jimi Hendrix. And that’s why we got started playing “Purple Haze.” It was an encore to “The Rite Of Spring.” Then what happened is, the group got more and more amplified as time went on, and our version began to change and the version you’ve probably heard is the result.

David Wolinsky: Why did that song occur to you as encore material?

David Harrington: I grew up in Seattle, and Hendrix was from Seattle. When I was starting in high school and college, his music just completely galvanized me. The sound—there was something about his virtuosity and the sound and the naturalness of the way he played that just seemed really fantastic. I really can’t explain it. I was just drawn to his sound and his music.

Source : http://www.avclub.com/chicago/articles/kronos-quartets-david-harrington,37804/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

David Harrington [Kronos Quartet]
Page 1 sur 1