Jimi Hendrix
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Jimi Hendrix

Le forum francophone

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-17%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Casque de réalité virtuelle Meta Quest 2 128 Go Blanc (+29,99€ ...
249.99 € 299.99 €
Voir le deal

Billy Gibbons

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Titi

Titi

Billy Gibbons  Empty
MessageSujet: Billy Gibbons    Billy Gibbons  Icon_minitimeLun 12 Juil 2010 - 18:45

Billy Gibbons :

With The Moving Sidewalks you released an album and several singles, and achieved the status of local heroes in Texas. You also supported The Doors, and even Jimi Hendrix on his first US tour. Jimi once said on live television that you were America’s best guitar player. He even gave you his pink Strat as gift, since he considered it too good to be burned. Tell us about your time with Jimi.

When we were supporting Jimi, I was sitting in my hotel room one night and practiced a little. Then this dude stuck his head through the door — it was Jimi Hendrix! I felt paralyzed and speechless. He grabbed my guitar, laid down on the floor, looked at the ceiling and played some unbelievable licks, before asking whether I could do stuff like this, too — and then he even stepped it up a notch. Afterwards he showed me some tricks. I learned a lot from him.

There’s another night I will never forget. After a show somewhere we were so full of adrenalin still that no one could sleep. Back then, there was no curfew at the venues, which meant you could stay as long as you wanted. It must’ve been 3 a.m. Jimi’s Marshall stacks were still up on-stage, when one of his roadies brought huge sheets of paper, buckets of fluorescent color and two cleaning mops. The paper was hung as a backdrop, the cleaning mops were stuck onto two guitars. Jimi plugged in and went into a furious sound and feedback assault. Again and again he dipped his guitar in the fluorescent color and ecstatically smeared it on the paper. He told me to try it too, and that’s what I did. We played until we were dizzy. That was all so bizarre, and you could feel the energy. Needless to say we didn’t get anymore sleep that night.

Source : http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/the-man-behind-the-beard-501/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Tontonjimi

Tontonjimi

Billy Gibbons  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Billy Gibbons    Billy Gibbons  Icon_minitimeVen 30 Oct 2020 - 18:21

Un chouette entretient de Billy Gibbons parlant de sa rencontre avec James et la pink Strat !
robertoblake

robertoblake

Billy Gibbons  Empty
MessageSujet: aa   Billy Gibbons  Icon_minitimeSam 31 Oct 2020 - 0:14

Belle interview. Il avait du goût Jimi, Billy Gibbons est un vrai sultan ou gitan (c'est selon PTDR ) de la 6 cordes.
Titi

Titi

Billy Gibbons  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Billy Gibbons    Billy Gibbons  Icon_minitimeSam 31 Oct 2020 - 1:29

J'ai déplacé les deux derniers posts ici, on voit bien quelques images de Jimi, mais l'essentiel est bien une interview au sujet d'Hendrix Wink
Ayler
Admin
Ayler

Billy Gibbons  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Billy Gibbons    Billy Gibbons  Icon_minitimeLun 21 Nov 2022 - 17:33

Contenu sponsorisé

Billy Gibbons  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Billy Gibbons    Billy Gibbons  Icon_minitime

Billy Gibbons
Page 1 sur 1