Jimi Hendrix
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Jimi Hendrix

Le forum francophone

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + Casque filaire ...
29.99 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Electric Ladyland - The Apartment Recordings (ATM 236-237)

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Ayler
Admin
Ayler

Electric Ladyland - The Apartment Recordings (ATM 236-237) Empty
MessageSujet: Electric Ladyland - The Apartment Recordings (ATM 236-237)   Electric Ladyland - The Apartment Recordings (ATM 236-237) Icon_minitimeSam 10 Juil 2010 - 18:13

Electric Ladyland - The Apartment Recordings (ATM 236-237) HendrixATMApartmentFront

ATM 236

"Long Hot Summer Night" (2, 3)
"1983 ... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)" (5)
"Angel" (6)
"Cherokee Mist" (4)
"Hear My Train A-Comin'" (7)
"Voodoo Chile" (false start)
"Voodoo Chile" (11) > "Cherokee Mist" (4) > "Gypsy Eyes" (6)
"Gypsy Eyes" (6/7) [instrumental]
"South Saturn Delta" (3)
"Three Little Bears" (6) [instrumental]
"Gypsy Eyes" (9) [instrumental]
"1983 ... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)" (6) [instrumental]
"Gypsy Eyes" (12) [instrumental]

ATM 237

"Blues Jam" (JA 19)
Unknown title
"Tears Of Rage"
"Hear My Train A Comin'" (60)
Instrumental Solo
"1983 ... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)" (7)
"Long Hot Summer Night" (5)
"Our Lovely Home"
"My Friend" (4)
"All Along The Watchtower" (6)
Caruso Insult Session
"Bright Lights, Big City" (3)
Talking Over Eric Burdon

A propos de Talking Over Eric Burdon :

Known by various names (most commonly "Room Full Of Mirrors Poetry Recital" and "Closer To The Truth"), this is the recording of Jimi talking over songs by Eric Burdon from the LP "The Twain Shall Meet". During the recording, portions of 3 songs from that LP appear: "We Love You Lil", "No Self Pity", and "Orange and Red Beams". The tape speed was corrected by synching to those songs. Most copies going around run too slow, making Jimi appear stoned (maybe he was) or sleepy. Also, most other copies have been de-noised; This one is unaltered. In addition to Jimi speaking, he also plays along with "Orange and Red Beams" during the last two minutes of the tape, continuing after the song fades out. This recording is often dated around Feb. 1969, perhaps due to the mention of a "room full of mirrors" by Jimi during the recording. However, the lines he quotes bear little relation to the song of that name. In fact, there are features that suggest this was recorded in Spring 1968 rather than nearly a year later: 1) Burdon's LP appeared in late 1967. It seems unlikely that Jimi would have been dwelling on it over a year later. 2) This tape is a stereo home recording very similar to the others we have from this period. 3) Unlike the mention of a "room full of mirrors" that isn't really very similar to the song, lyrics are quoted from "Somewhere" that match very well the song that was recorded in Spring 1968. Therefore this recording seems likely to originate from the Spring '68 period, and so is included in this collection. This recording follows directly after the Caruso recording on the earliest known sources. It's likely that this is just a reflection of the ordering on an early transfer and doesn't indicate actual recording order, but the order has been preserved just in case.

Source : In From The Storm

Jimi talking cryptically over the Eric Burdon & the Animals tracks We Love You Lil’, No Self Pity & Orange And Red Beams from their Twain Shall Meet LP, it sounds as though someone else makes the occasionally audible comment.

Jimi: "What is this? What could this be? Hmm. Oh man, what am I, in a circus or something? I mean, what is this I'm resenting. Hmm. My loved one has disturbed herself from her sleep. As all sleeping drunks disturb themselves as they sleep, oh, anyway. This room, this room is, this room is really, really, really beyond my-um, imagination...or‘et’s say tha’it’s beyond my will of the imagination. This room is full of mirrors. There's no door, no windows, not even a carpet as to where I could vomit out my other thoughts. The only thought I have now is this room full of mirrors. Top, bottom, left, right, front, behind me. I can see that this room is nothing but mirrors and with this room being nothing but mirrors, I can, I can probably tell you, that there's a certain person that comes in here. At… certain times he comes here and he looks something like me.
   ?: That’s really strange
Jimi: I don't even know him, y’know. He brings his friends in to fu… their brains. My, my whole world, my whole day and night end, when he comes in with them. He comes in, not on a horse, not on a carriage even, not even a car or, a what is it, vehicle, or even a airplane, he just comes. He changes millions of times, he turns around, around in circles and drives me completely out of my mind.

[Music volume interrupt’s]

Jimi: But there are very, very interesting things that he tells me. He says I am him and he is me. And I say ‘Yeah, Okay. I'll accept that…
  ?: Well, that’s very nice.
Jimi: …since I had nothin’ else to do’ and he says “Man, you really are in need. You need to scream, but your voice is not high enough to scream what you want to scream.’ I said ‘Man, dig, what do I want to scream?’ and as I say this the mirrors are beating the hell out of my mind. Feel like my mind is hung up on a clothes rack, up against anything’s wall.
    He says ‘Man, I think you’d better scream hard and scream long and call out your loved one’ and I just smile. While I was sitting in the south side of this room, I say ‘Dig, I call my loved one” and he says to me heh, ‘You'd better call her louder because you will be lost directly or you sin. You’ll be lost within’ yourself.....past dimensional stage, you will be lost in vacuums, as it’s known, right. I, you know, I swear to Saturn, don’t lose me in a vacuum, for I am already a vacuum. Novel news, hah… It scrapes my head up against… the floor and he says ’You’d better scream and call.’ I scream and call, yes. What else can I say, man. I scream and call my best. I say-uh, okay, love, where's my love? My love comes to my imagination, not to my eyes, for I can't see my love. I want to so desperately, so badly, I want to grasp onto anything besides myself. I turn to the world. What does the world have to offer me but pats on the back, shakin’ hands, making plans?

[Record finishes]

He says ‘You’d better turn that record over. Take all sounds out of your head, you’d better scream for some kind of relief.’ I say ‘Man, dig, I been screamin’, I been screamin’, I scream ways… of acid. I scream ways of speed, scream ways of drugs themselves, tea, coffee, milk, humph, cigarettes. I scream and while I'm talking I see my reflection an’, I can't see my own reflection. What else? What else? Isn’t there anything else? He say 'Let me see your friends. Scream out at the reflection of your friends.’ Man, you know, I know what a scream is, it’s a million lions trapped in the Grand Canyon. Scream out, friend, come, tell this idiot to get the hell out of me and get the hell out this damn mirror room. Every time I turn to fu’... [sigh] every time I turn around I see nothing, but you know what I'm talking about. Man, he says 'Scream your love again.' An’ I scream hard as Hell.
Love, please help me. Even if you are, even if you are nothing at all, just help
Me, for I feel right now that I'm less than that.

[Music volume interrupt’s]

I hear another's words coming through the mirror to my front and I snatch and break. Smash in frustration. Somebody help me, somebody, please help me. So he says 'Start all over again.' I start all over again, I say 'Oh love', laughing to the south side of the candle
that's flickering some kind of way, man, I don't know what. I can't even tell my feet
from the sawdust on the floor anymore, I can see through that. That’s my suspicion a-huh. Yeah brother I can see through that.

[Music volume interrupt’s ‘…a baby was born’]

Baby, baby, the word echoes so many times throughout my mind and as I stand here now I look over my shoulder and see a beautiful young girl laying in my bed. She's so beautiful, and I mean, have I found a basic to start by all over again maybe? I turn back and I look again and… I think , very hard, ‘a baby’, you mean… [Jimi puts the mic’ near to the mouth of the sleeping girl who’s breathing heavily, rhythmically in her sleep, then there follows an almost inaudible conversation with someone]…

Source : JimiPassItOn

Dernière édition par Ayler le Sam 10 Oct 2020 - 14:44, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Titi

Titi

MessageSujet: Re: Electric Ladyland - The Apartment Recordings (ATM 236-237)   Electric Ladyland - The Apartment Recordings (ATM 236-237) Icon_minitimeLun 30 Aoû 2010 - 15:36

Sur le CD 2 quelqu'un a une idée sur à quoi pourraient correspondre les titres "Unknown title" et "Instrumental Solo " ?
Electric Thing

Electric Thing

MessageSujet: Re: Electric Ladyland - The Apartment Recordings (ATM 236-237)   Electric Ladyland - The Apartment Recordings (ATM 236-237) Icon_minitimeMer 8 Sep 2010 - 23:31

Citation :

3rd part in a series of CD sets featuring nearly every available mix and take of the tracks recorded may 1967-january 1968 including the ones that appeared on "Electric Ladyland".
This set compiles all circulating Apartment Recordings from early 1968.
Extraordinary Archives Traded Material series of the highest quality Hendrix recordings available in traders' circuits.
All recordings in the ATM series are taken from the lowest generation masters available, and they have all been digitally restored unless otherwise indicated.
Thanks to Hans-Peter Johnsen

Disc 1:
1. Long Hot Summer Night
2. 1983 ... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)
3. Angel
4. Cherokee Mist
5. Hear My Train A-Comin'
6. Voodoo Chile (false start)
7. Voodoo Chile
8. Gypsy Eyes / Gypsy Eyes (instrumental)
9. South Saturn Delta
10. Three Little Bears (instrumental)
11. Gypsy Eyes (instrumental)
12. 1983 ... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be) (instrumental)
13. Gypsy Eyes (instrumental)

Disc 2:
1. Blues Jam
2. Unknown title
3. Tears Of Rage
4. Hear My Train A Comin'
5. Instrumental Solo
6. 1983 ... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)
7. Long Hot Summer Night
8. Our Lovely Home
9. My Friend
10-12. Caruso Insult Session
13. Talking Over Eric Burdon

This 2CD set collects what’s available of the private recordings Jimi made in the Spring of 1968.

Disc 1, tracks 1-8: This is the "old" apartment tape, commonly referred to as "The Drake Hotel Demos".
Disc 1, tracks 9-13: Five tracks that previously appeared on ATM 063-064 "On the Road (To Electric Ladyland)", but are upgraded here.
Disc 2, tracks 1-9: The sample of the eBay tape from several years ago - the so-called "10.000 Dollar Tape".
Disc 2, tracks 10-12: Recorded during March-April 1968 period, the recording is often referred to as "The Paul Caruso Abuse Session" or "Rag Session", and starts with a loose attempt at "All Along The Watchtower" and ends with "Bright Lights, Big City". Those songs are given separate tracks.
Disc 2, track 13: Known by various names (most commonly "Room Full Of Mirrors Poetry Recital").
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Electric Ladyland - The Apartment Recordings (ATM 236-237)   Electric Ladyland - The Apartment Recordings (ATM 236-237) Icon_minitime

Page 1 sur 1